Ability to annotate document text:
- Copy mode changed to select mode. After text is selected, a context menu appears with option to Copy or Annotate.
- Annotations have one of sixteen background colors to highlight the annotated text.
- When not in select mode, holding the pen/mouse down on the annotated text shows one line of the associated comment and provides options for viewing/editing/deleting the annotation.
Ability to associate any annotations file:
- When adding an annotation to a document with no associated annotations file, the user is prompted to select one or create a new one, which defaults to the same directory as the document.
- The user can optionally select an existing annotations file to associate with the document, thus giving the ability for a document to have different sets of annotations for different purposes.
- Because the annotations file is separate from the document file, the annotations file can easily be shared with other users of the same document.